News, live from the Cellar:
1) I got the job. What job? you may be asking. That would be the job I refrained from posting about here because I didn't want to jinx it. But I got it: on Monday, I start a 12-week contract, photographing and cataloguing built heritage in the quirky, historic Junction neighbourhood. Heritage Canada is funding the project, and I'm one step closer to my dream job, Local History Librarian. Yay me!
2) 9 more weeks till I graduate. I'm tired of explaining that I don't "officially" graduate - you know, the whole academic-regalia, shake-the-president's-hand, get-the-parchment, get-smacked-upside-the-head graduate - until November. As far as I'm concerned, when I hand in my last assignment, on July 29th, I will have graduated. I'm not even going to wait for the grades to come in because I know I will pass everything.
3) I have a better understanding of whatJenB and Heather are going through with the babies. Oh. My. God. I currently sit for an adorable 6 month old who is usually quite cheerful, but on Tuesday night, he screamed, at the top of his baby lungs, for an hour. A whole hour. He was perfectly fine - dry, fed, not sick, not in pain. He was just completely freaked out because Mama wasn't there. You don' t know helplessness until you've held, rocked, swayed, fed, talked to, sung to, and reasoned with an inconsolable infant. I'm used to babies, having sat for infants before, and this is one of the things they do. My sources tell me they can do it for up to 3 hours in a row. I still want one, though.
4) This just in: Best Price Movers is now Athletic Movers, and their spokesperson is Philip. And they're still calling me. God love 'em.
5) Enough with the rain already. You're killing me here.